Arik Air is a Nigerian airline operating mainly from two hubs at Murtala Muhammed International Airport near Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. Arik Air’s head office is the Arik Air Aviation Center on the grounds of Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja.
- Flight Dispatcher is a licensed airman whose primary concern is the safety by monitoring operational tracking over the entire Arik Air Operation.
The Flight Dispatchers would be expected to interact with amongst others:
- All other OCC staff
- SVP operations AVP OCC
- Fuel officers
- OCC Manager
- Ground personnel at the airport
- Team Lead Datacenter
- Flight department
- Flight deck crew
- Airport stations
- • Share equal and joint responsibility with the pilot in command for the safety and operational control of the flight.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure a safe and punctual operation in accordance with the Operations Manual
- And any other duties as assigned by authorized personnel.
- Authorize, regulate, control and terminate aircraft flights in accordance with company and governmental regulations and policies to ensure safety.
- Solicit, interpret and maintain current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest Operational information.
- Review and evaluate weather information to determine potential flight safety hazards and to select the preferred and most economical route of flight.
- Assist the pilot in command of an aircraft with an emergency situation by providing any assistance necessary to ensure safe completion of the flight.
- Compute the amount of fuel required, distance of flight, maintenance limitations, weather conditions, and other factors affecting the safety of flight using company and FAA established guidelines.
- Advice the pilot in command of significant changes to weather or the flight plan and recommends changes as required for the continued safe operation of the flight
- Prepare flight documentation with information including maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, PIREPs, and other information required for the safe completion of the flight.
- Monitor weather conditions, aircraft position reports, aeronautical navigation charts and aircraft radio calls to evaluate the progress and safety of the flight.
- Is authorized by NCAA to delay, divert, or cancel a flight if unsafe conditions pose a threat to the safety of the aircraft, passengers, cargo or flight.
- Experience: Must have worked under a qualified dispatcher for a minimum of two years.
- Qualifications / Education: Must have a valid license on Flight Dispatch in line with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.
- He or She must be able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision, flexible, creative and able to prioritize in a stressful environment.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Have knowledge in Operations, Meteorology, Flight Movement and Radio Communications.
- Ability to perform in a stressful environment with multiple tasks and critical decision making
- He/She should have a sound written and oral communication skills with proven analytical skills.
- Good time management, planning and organizational skills
- Should possess a working knowledge of how operations control centre functions with relevant dispatch experience.
- Working knowledge of computer-based operations tools will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to email@example.com