Coca-Cola is a leading carbonated soft drink company. The Coca-Cola Company have introduced other cola drinks under the Coke name which includes the diet Coke, Coca-Cola Cherry, Caffeine-free Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola zero sugar, Coca-Cola Vanilla and the lemon, coffee and lime version. After Apple and Google, Coca-Cola was the 3rd most the world’s valuable brand based on Interbrand’s best global brand study in 2015. Coke is produced in over 200 countries in the world.
Job Title: Planning and System Economics Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Massive Recruitment At Coca-Cola For The Position of Planning and System Economics Analyst – Apply today!
Current Grade( if job already exists): 10
- Contribute to providing the franchise teams with accurate analysis, benchmarks and reports in a timely manner to ensure optimal allocation of resources in the implementation of the company’s business strategies
- This position provides accurate system economics analysis insights benchmarks and reports in a Region System Economics function. Support Region System Economics Manager and Region Finance Manager in guiding the business by providing a deep understanding of the financial condition and economics of the system
- Supports Finance organisation on system thinking related to financial policies, programs, company investments, long-range goals and objectives.
- The role will be responsible for budgetary management if the Franchise DME, administering the MEM tool while ensuring compliance with company standard practices
- Contributes to develop and provide details for a holistic view of the value creation across the system in order to support Region Finance Managers to identify risks and opportunities across the System within its specific Region
Key Duties/ Responsibilities ( including the percentage of time spent or required of each activity)
- Share Re narratives for DME vs Actuals
- Compile expected monthly DME expenses and submit monthly figures to Finance manager and RFMs
- Track IMC Charters and Assets – Per Global Policy
- Blackline approval for JVs relating to DME
- Budget Mangement and control – Daily check that number supplements/returns are made outside BP without FD/MD approval
- Prepend reclass analysis and JV preparation
- Summarize DME by country, by Brand category
- GL analysis for PL and JV preparation
- Upload BP DME in the Financial system as per submissions and direction by Business unit Leadership within the stipulated BP financials guideline
- Effecting monthly MPP accruals and reversals on the system
- Serving as marketing expense controller (MEC) for the BU manage overspends
- Analyzing currency exchange fluctuations as they relate to DME spend on FOs with currencies different from USD.
- Strategic and annual Business Planning(BP) – Support CMI manager on the annual DME Business Planning process by
- Effect timely DFR budget supplements on directives from BU leadership and approved RFA’s
- Be the financial consultant relating for Marketing associates on Marketing Expenditure Mgt
- Supports BU P&A Team to achieve efficient, effective and sustainable finance processes and transactions
- Provides support to Finance Managers on reports/updates needed in the Planning system
- Works with process owners to identify and implement continuous improvements in processes, systems and procedures
- Acts as a part of the process and ensures standard processes are followed.
Contributes to providing a complete view of the value creation across the system (10%):
- Validate proof of purchase of CAPPRS
- Different OBPPC structures
- Pre, post promotion analysis
- Cold Drink Equipment investments
- CAPPRS performance tracking
- Understands applies and articulates accounting and tax implications of all value sharing models
- New launches (extension, delist)
- Determines value creation between all parties from suppliers to consumers by preparing the system value chain
- Performs financial analysis and performance tracking for investment decisions
- Provides accurate system economics analysis and reports and supports Region System Economics Managers
- Cold Drink Equipment and Bottler Capital Investments, etc.
- Supports Region System Economics Manager to analyze and assess gaps and to identify revenue growth opportunities and commercial opportunities
- Bottler support investments, rebates
- Supports in defining system investment and program risks and provides recommendations like:
- Understands and provides the system revenue strategic framework from Long-Term (Long Range Plan) to yearly projections
Customizes Financial Guidelines and ensures guidelines are applied within Region (40%):
- CAPPRS tracking guidelines
- System Health Corridor guidelines
- Incidence guidelines
- Concentrate Pricing models
- New product development guidelines
- Group and Business Unit Strategic Planning, Technical, and PAC Managers/Analysts (partner, support, data validation)
- BU Planning & Analysis Manager (problem-solving, brainstorming, receives guidance, supervision, coaching)
- Financial Services Representative (Following up Feedback on queries)
- Group planning team (Feedback on expectations/Client Management)
- Region Finance Manager (service requests, issue management)
Judgment and Decision Making:
- Contributes on creating the structure for business cases, assigns resources in the system and establishes processes and routines.
- The rules set in agreed deliverables will be used to regulate transactions between BU and the Region.
- This position consists of routine tasks or processes in accordance with predetermined, clearly defined steps. It also requires sophisticated and contemporary information management and superior analytic skills and expertise. The individual must also possess exceptional collaboration and organization skills/capabilities; with the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- No direct reports
- Supports continuous improvement by applying standardized processes and templates.
- Indicate this job’s responsibility for new processes, systems, or products.
- Excellent computer skills(i.e Excel)
- Financial analysis
- GAAP, cost accounting/analysis
- Performance management
- Planning and forecasting skill
- Analytical skill
- Demonstrating self-confidence
- influencing and negotiation skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Financial knowledge
- Acting as a member
- Optimizing strategic relationships and networks
- Understanding the system
- Attention to detail
- Thinking systemically
- Communicating effectively
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate the passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Collaborate With System, Customers, and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act Like An Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high-performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to moving faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.