The Nigeria Navy invites applications from qualified Nigerians for recruitment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26 through the under-listed position below: General Qualifications
- Applicants must possess certificates with their respective professional bodies in Nigeria
- Applicants must be single
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 28 February 2019.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
- Applicants must posses NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Applicants with Foreign credentials should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
- Applicants must have O’level West African Examination Certificate(WAEC), in addition to any other result such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English
- Paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click Here to Register Online
The date and time of the Aptitude Test will be communicated via their website.
Registered Centres for the Aptitiude Test
Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying Aptitude test:
- Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja
- Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja.
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo
- Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri
BAUCHI Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
SOKOTO Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks, Sokoto.
Applicants are to come along to the Aptitude Test Centres with the following:
- Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
- Acknowledgement Form.
Application Closing Date- 14th November, 2018.
1.) Medical Doctor/Dental Surgeon
- Applicants must have MBBS, MBchB or equivalent.
- Applicants must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Applicants must possess a current practising license.
Location: Nationwide Department: Medical
Location: Nationwide Department: Medical QUALIFICATION B.Pharm degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
3.) Human Resource Management Officer
Job Title: Human Resource Management Officer Location: Nationwide Qualifications B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
- Personnel Management.
- Public Administration.
- Human Resource Management.
Job Title: Engineer Location: Nationwide Entry Qualifications
- B.Sc or B.Eng qualifications in the following fields:
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design,
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering,
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering,
- Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
5.) Information Officer
Job Title: Information Officer Location: Nationwide QUALIFICATION B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage
Job Title: Imam Location: Nationwide QUALIFICATION Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage. 7.) Educationist Job Title: Educationist Location: Nationwide QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields.
- First degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
- Library Science (B.Sc)
- French Language.
- Chinese Language.
- Guidance and Counselling.
- Computer Science.
- Arabic Language.
8.) Chaplain Job Title: Chaplain Location: Nationwide Entry Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
9.) Accounts and Budget Officer Job Title: Accounts and Budget Officer Location: Nationwide Entry Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics and Accounting.
- Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
10.) Seaman Job Title: Seaman Location: Nationwide Entry Qualifications
- B.Sc/HND in Nautical Sciences.
- Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Note:Applicants are warned against giving false information or presenting fake certificates. Failure to adhere to this warning and discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and prosecution of the applicant.For technical support, call 08062090473 and 08033063694 or email email@example.com between 0800 and 1700 hours only.